The headquarters of the C.R.D.O. Monterrei has hosted a wine tasting of Monterrei conducted by the Association of Sommeliers of Galicia Gallaecia.
The tasting team was made up of a total of 14 tasters, including:
– Alberto Tobes, director of experimentation of the D.O. Ribera del Duero.
– Alejandro Paadín, vice-president of the Galician Gallaecia Sommeliers Association.
– Aurelio Vázquez, president of the Galician Gallaecia Sommeliers Association.
– Javier Facal, sommelier group O Sampaio.
– José Dopazo, tasting panel C.R.D.O. Rías Baixas.
– José Miguel Mateos, Association of Sommeliers of Zamora.
– Luis Paadín, director of the Guide to Wines, Distillates and Wineries of Galicia.
– Manuel Corralero, sommelier Hotel Plaza ****.
– Natalia Cid, sommelier Canton 23.
– Pablo Franco, technical director of the D.O.Ca. Rioja.
– Pedro Sestayo, general secretary of the Galician Gallaecia Sommeliers Association.
– Santiago Castro, technical director of the D.O. Toro.
– Vania González, tasting panel C.R.D.O. Monterrei.
– Begoña Gómez, tasting panel C.R.D.O. Monterrei.
This panel has evaluated 48 wines of the denomination, 27 whites and 21 reds. At the end of the tasting, Natalia Cid has made an evaluation of the wines tasted by the team, stating that in white wines “the quality of the last years is maintained, with a very intense nose and complexity in the mouth, respecting the variety”. While the reds, “of the 2019 vintage are also complex, marking variety and territory; and those of barrel are very worked”.
This tasting served to evaluate the wines of the region in order to carry out the classification round of which will result the winners of the Gallaecia 2020 Awards, as well as to elaborate the “Guide Luis Paadín de Viños, Destilados e Adegas de Galicia 2021”.