The headquarters of the Regulatory Council of the Designation of Origin Monterrei has hosted, this morning, the Tasting of Qualification of the Harvest 2019.
In this tasting representatives of professional associations and the official panel of the denomination have participated, who have qualified as “very good” the 2019 vintage of the wines of Monterrei. Said tasting team highlighted: “in whites, the diversity originated in the vineyards by the mixture of varieties, balancing memories of fruits and flowers, with freshness of oceanic character typical of the vintage; while in reds, an optimal maturation giving rise to wines with aromas typical of the varietals of the denomination”.
In order to evaluate the present harvest, a proportional representation of wines of the denomination has been submitted to the judgment of the panel. These samples have been analyzed by each of the tasters, who have made a “blind” assessment of all of them, in order to maintain criteria of objectivity as they are anonymous samples. The final note has resulted in the calculation of the mean of the scores awarded by each taster to each of the samples, including in this calculation both white and red references. Finally, this score has been moved to a correlation table where the crop rating is obtained.
In the tasting panel this morning, which has been received by the president of the Regulatory Council Lara Da Silva, have participated:
– Alejandro Paadín (Vice-President of the Galician Sommeliers Association Gallaecia”)
– César González (Official Panel of CRDO Monterrei).
– Constantino Iglesias (President of the Association of Tasters of Galicia).
– Cristalina Álvarez (Association of Winemakers of Galicia).
– Eladio Osorio (Manager Queixería RS Delicatessen).
– Luis Congil (Journalist and researcher of the history of wine).
– Rebeca André (Official Panel of CRDO Monterrei).