The headquarters of the Regulatory Council of the Designation of Origin Monterrei has hosted, this morning, the Harvest Qualification Tasting 2020.
Representatives of professional associations and the official panel of the denomination have participated in this tasting, which have qualified the 2020 vintage of Monterrei wines as “very good”. Said team of tasting has highlighted: “in whites one gains complexity with respect to the last years, each harvest is perceived a greater representation of the landscape and the identity of Monterrei; while in reds, the fruit is still the most characteristic profile, with a balanced and silky mouth”.
In order to evaluate the present harvest, a proportional representation of wines of the denomination has been submitted to the judgment of the panel. These samples have been analyzed by each of the tasters, who have made a “blind” assessment of all of them, maintaining in this way criteria of objectivity be anonymous samples. The final note has resulted in the calculation of the mean of the scores awarded by each taster to each of the samples, including in this calculation both white and red references. Finally, this score has been moved to a correlation table where the crop rating is obtained.
The tasting panel, which has been received by the president of the Regulatory Council Lara Da Silva, has been consisting of the following experts:
– Alejandro Paadín (Vice-President of the Galician Sommeliers Association “Gallaecia”).
– Begoña Gómez (Official Panel of CRDO Monterrei).
– José Ramón Domínguez (director of the magazine Cepas y Vinos).
– Fernando Cabero (Official Panel of the CRDO Monterrei).
– Patricia Presas (Vice-President of the Galician Association of Oenologists).
– Vania González (Official Panel of CRDO Monterrei).
– Rebeca André (Official Panel of CRDO Monterrei).